Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Paper Stacking

Part of the process; 
I had placed my fruit in a melted candle with the hope of creating a mold. I needed a mold because I found that in the examples that we were shown in class there is more than one way to stack paper.
My mold
I proceeded to bend my paper with nothing but water in a blender until it was a nice pulp.
After, I proceeded to put the paper pulp into my mold. When that failed I gathered a ball 
of the pulp and molded it into the shape of my apple as seen below.
As for my other paper stacking piece, the original idea was to stack in multiple directions, such as horizontal and vertical. However, with my final decisions made on my apple I decided that maybe I shouldn't go with the different stacking directions but go with a progression instead. Thus, my final second piece shows a gradual incline which graduates into paper pulp and a point.


No comments:

Post a Comment